David Durlach - Informal Bio
- Director & Founder, TechnoFrolics, a design studio merging art and science, motion and (e)motion, since 1988.
- Principal Investigator for a National Science Foundation SBIR Phase I/II grant focused on techno-art for museums and playable visual instruments for the deaf.
- Holder of several patents in the field of techno-art/education/visualization.
- Tutor of mathematics at the Harvard Extension School.
- Regular sponsor of science-art-education student engineering projects in connection with Harvard and BU undergraduates.
- Speaker on art-science synergies, and the importance of social connection and affect within educational and research environments.
- Formal education, primarily at Princeton University, with focus on Electrical Engineering, Physics, and Mathematics.
- Secular humanist with a technological bent and personal orientation towards art, education, and play.
For additional information on David's activities/life, please peruse the rest of TechnoFrolics site and its/David's spin-off sites: http://www.technofrolics.com/more/